1. Start out with about a 1/2 cup of almonds, you can use something else if you prefer but almonds are low fat, healthy, and inexpensive.
2. Add in about 1/4 cup dried cranberries, again you can substitute some other dried fruit like raisins or cherries but cranberries are extremely good for you and I really like them so thats what I chose.
3. Next add about 4 or 5 whole dried apricots, you can dice these up if you like but then they get kinda sticky.
4. Finally add about 1/8 -1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips depending on how sweet you want your trail mix to be. Milk chocolate or white chocolate could be used but I prefer semi-sweet plus it is healthier and contains more antioxidants.
5. Mix together and either eat out of the bowl while watching t.v., doing homework ect. or put into a ziplock and take with you wherever you want a quick snack.
This is just an idea of what I like to do, other fruits/nuts can be substituted depending on personal taste. I used store bought dried fruit but an even healthier way to go would be to make your own if you happen to have a dehydrator.