Thursday, February 3, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes Valentines Day Look

This is my first tutorial and since Valentines Day is comming up I wanted to do a look inspired by something that reminds me of Valentines Day. I decided to create a look based on red velvet cupcakes which I plan on making this year as Valentines for my friends and family.


Begin by priming the eyelids (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion)
Then blend a white base all over the lid ( I used NYX eyeliner pencil in White)



Using a flat brush apply a matte white shadow over the lid  (I used NYX White)



                                  Using a crease brush blend a shimmery coppery-red shadow into and above the crease and the outer V (I used MAC Coppering)



Using a smaller crease brush blend a dark burgundy shadow into the crease and outer V between the copper-red and the white. (I used Evil Shades Coffin)



Use a fluffy brush to blend a light, matte, skin-toned shadow above the copper-red  to soften the edges and clean up the brow area ( I used MAC Blanc Type)



Using a small pencil brush smudge a bright red shadow into the upper lashline, focusing on the outer 1/3 and blending inward. ( I used a red from the 88 pallete)





Using the same pencil brush smudge the same dark burgundy you used before under the lower lash line focusing on the outer 1/3 and blend in.


Apply white eyeliner to the lower waterline, the inner corner, and blend into the inner lower lashline.


Apply a shimmery white shadow to inner corners and blend under the inner lower lashline ( I used the lightest color from my 88 pallete)


Since I will be applying false lashes I am applying a thin line of black liquid liner to the upper lashline ( I used Maybelline Waterproof Ultra Liner)...If you aren't wearing falsies you can skip this step if you want



Curl lashes


Apply black mascara to top and bottom lashes (I used Diorshow Blackout)



This step is optional: Apply false lashes (I used Salon Perfect #301)



Now we are done with the eyes!



Now on to the face:
With and angled fluffy brush apply bronzer to the hollows of the cheeks (I used Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light)


Next, using the same brush apply a natural pinky blush to the apples of the cheeks (I used Covergirl Cheekers in Rose Silk)



For the lips I wanted to tie in the red color without being to heavy on the lips or being to matchy with the eyes. I applied a light coat of a red lipstain (I used Covergirl Outlast Lipstain)



Then, because its winter and lipstain is super drying anyway apply a thin layer of lip balm (I prefer Carmex)


Now we are finished. Happy Valentines Day!


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment