Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jessie J inspired look

I love Jessie J, her style and her makeup. I recently watched a VEVO Style video with Jessie J where they filmed her going shopping at this vintage store, talking about her personal style, ect. In the video she was wearing a makeup look that was slightly different from the ones she normally has on (winged liner, spiky lashes...) and seeing it really inspired me to create a look based on her makeup.

  • Start out with primed lids. Then apply a black base to the lid, I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean. Then blend out into the crease with a brush or your finger.

  • Next, using a paddle brush apply a silver eyeshadow to the inner 2/3 of the lid. I used Evil Shades Silver Bullet.
  • Then using a small crease brush apply a matte black eyeshadow to the outer V and the crease. I used the black from my 88 pallete.
  • Now use a matte skin-toned eyeshadow on a flat topped brush to clean up and blend above the black. I used MAC Blanc Type.
  • Then using the matte black and flat liner brush blend eyeshadow into the lower lashline.
  • Now use a white base or eyliner on the inner corner and tear duct area, blend out with either a brush or your finger. I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.
  • Then using a small brush apply a light silver eyeshadow on top of the white base and over the black under the lower lashline. I used the silver color from the Boyfriends Jeans duo from Essence.

  • Apply eyeliner to the waterlines (I used white because I have very small eyes but you can use black if you want), black liquid or gel liner to the upper lashline, and a coat of mascara.

  • Now apply false lashes. In the video I saw Jessie was wearing very full lashes, these ones were the closest I had. I used #28 Salon Perfect.
  • I have noticed that Jessie always seems to wear very red blush that is placed almost as a contour. Because I didn't have anything close to the color she wore for blush I just mixed three of the red colors from my 88 pallete and applied them with an angled brush right along the bottom edge of my cheekbones and blended very well.
  • For the lips I used a red lipliner to line and then fill in my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment